Programs & Services
Public Relations Officer
- Generally considered the center of local government, this office conveys a lasting impression of the community to all who enter.
- Must be dedicated to the community, informative, patient, cheerful and compassionate, posses the ability to listen and advise, be receptive to new ideas, and be able to maintain a sense of humor while performing duties in a professional manner.
- Authors minute books, the only official record of the activities of Town Government. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes. Few individuals are entrusted with a responsibility of this magnitude.
Records Management Officer
- Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law, which guarantees your right to know the workings of the Government.
- Custodian of all town records, responsible for active files, storage and disposition of inactive records and the careful maintenance of archival material.
- Maintains public signboard, advertises and receives bids for purchase of Town materials, files burial permits from cemeteries within the town.
- Maintains records of adopted Town Ordinances and Local Laws, Town oats of office, resignations, petitions, proof of publications, annual budgets, assessment rolls. fiscal reports, notices of lien, subpoena and court actions, bonds/notes of registers, zoning ordinances and maps.
- Issues State licenses/permits, including marriage, dog, conservation (hunting and fishing), games of chance, bingo.
- Issues Town licenses/permits mandated by Local Law (peddler's permit).
- In accordance with Federal and State regulations, the Town Clerk becomes the coordinator for Primary and General elections, advising the state of vacancies for elections, overseeing polling places and equipment, election inspectors and filing of boundaries for election districts.
- In addition, oversees special Town elections, permissive or mandatory referendums and Town acquisition of property. The Office of the Town Clerk serves as the source for voter registration forms.
- Election District Map
Cash Control Officer
- Is responsible for numerous duties relating to billing and the collection and distribution of funds. All incoming cash is recorded and disbursed to State, County and local fiscal officers. The Town Clerk also contributes to Town and departmental budget preparation, management of petty cash, general purchasing and assisting with State and internal audits.