Frequently Asked Questions

Can I attend Town Board Meetings?
All meetings of the Town Board, including Workshop Meetings, are open to the public. You will find the dates on the Calendar on this web site.

When does the Town Board meet?
The regular Town workshop meeting is normally held on the first Wednesday of each month at 3:30 pm  and the regular Town Board meeting is normally held on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm .Check on the calendar for any changes to these dates, or on the bulletin board at the Town Hall.

Where do I get a copy of the agenda for Town Board Meetings?
Agendas for all meetings are available from the Town Clerk's office one day prior to the scheduled meeting.

How can I get a copy of my Marriage License, a Birth Certificate or a Death Certificate?
Forms to request these documents are available on this Web Site on the Town Clerk's page. Simply print the forms and send to the address noted on the form along with the necessary identification and a check.

When is our refuse and recycling picked up? What Can I Recycle?
Normal pickup in on Wednesdays. All refuse should be at the curb by 7:00 am. The following holidays  in 2015 will have the normal Wednesday pickup delayed until Thursday: New Year's Day, Memorial Day,  Labor Day and Christmas. No sorting is necessary, and if your bin is full you can use clear plastic bags for additional items.
Single Stream Recycling is now used in the Town of Wilson. Collection for Recycling is done by color ~ Route 425 and East residents are in the Blue Week and everything West of Route 425 (excluding 425) is in the Red Weed. Recycling Collection Calendar 2015

Do we have a bulk pickup in the Town of Wilson?
You are allowed to put one bulk item out at the curb each week.

What do I do with items that have Freon in them?
For all items that contain Freon, (refrigerator, air conditioners, freezers) you must call Modern at 754-8226 on Thursday mornings before noon to request a pickup on Friday.

When does my dog have to be licensed?
All dogs 4 months of age or older are to be licensed. Also, any dog under 4 months of age, if running at large, must be licensed. We need to see current rabies information and if your dog is spayed or neutered, we will need documentation. The cost for licensing an unspayed/unneutered dog in the Town of Wilson is $16.00, and a spayed/neutered dog costs $8.00. Dog Control Officers can be reached at 946-6882 or 622-6198.

Where can I get Voter Registration forms?
Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk's office.

When do I need a Building Permit?
"No person, firm, corporation, association or other organization shall commence the erection, construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal or demolition of any building or structure or install heating equipment without having applied for and obtained a permit from the Building Inspector." Building Permit Application

How do I apply for a Building Permit?
Applications for a building permit may be obtained from the Building Inspectors.

How long is a Building Permit good for?
A building permit is good for one year. A permit, upon written request, may be renewed at the discretion of the Building Inspectors.

Are there leash laws in the Town of Wilson?
Under Article 63-3 of the Town Code, it is unlawful to allow any dog to run at large unless it is restrained by an adequate collar and leash.

How do I apply for a Special Permit or Variance?
There are many types and reasons for a special permit or variance. Questions can be answered by the  Building Inspectors. Appropriate applications can be obtained from the Town Clerk.

When does the Planning Board meet?                                                                                      The Planning Board normally meets on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall. Any change to this schedule will be posted on the calendar.


This web site brought to you compliments of the Town of Wilson.
© 2000 -